Homeowners insurance, renter’s insurance, and condo insurance are all typically included within the category of home insurance. Whether you own the property that you live on or you are renting it short term, you need to have insurance coverage to guard against disasters and losses. The home policy coverages are very specific about what is covered in the policy and will not exceed the specified limits.
- Dwelling Coverage - This insurance will pay if your home is damaged or destroyed by fire, severe weather, or falling objects.
- Property Coverage - Your home insurance policy will cover the things inside your home. If your belongings are damaged or destroyed with the house, this coverage will pay. It will also cover you if your home is broken into, and your belongings are stolen. Some personal property, such as jewelry, firearms, money, securities, watercraft, and trailers, to name a few, have a special limit of liability. Endorsements may be added to a home policy for additional coverage for these and many more items.
- Other Structure Coverage - This would cover any other structures on your home. This includes detached garages, sheds, and fences.
- Loss of Use Coverage - If your home is damaged or destroyed, this coverage will pay for your living expenses until your home is repaired and you can move back in. It will cover the cost of rent, food, and other costs associated with being away from home.
- Personal Liability Coverage - If you are responsible for injuring another person, this coverage will pay their medical bills, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident. It would also provide coverage if you caused damage to another person's property.
- Medical Payment Coverage - If a guest is injured on your property, this coverage will pay for their medical bills. It also covers if someone is injured when you are not on your property, such as your dog biting someone while on a walk.
You may be very surprised to see the range of prices you'll get in home insurance quotes. You can sometimes save hundreds of dollars, or even more, simply by choosing one carrier over another. However, it is important that you get quotes only from reliable top carriers. The Willyard Agency is the best resource for this since we can accumulate multiple quotes from the top carriers for you online. We give you the power to compare all the best policy options conveniently at home!
Request a Quote